Where's My Water? Where's My Water?

Great idea and nice physics engine, even though it was too simple.
For those who didn't get it, the whole point of this tiny game is to make fun of the idiots who "like and share" every picture on Facebook that claims it will help African children, cancerous babies, etc.

You should make an actual game with this, you've already got a good start.

Segway of the Dead Segway of the Dead

I almost fell for it the first time!
That has to be one of the funniest April fool jokes I've ever seen!
"Gut wrenching" missions... hahahaha!

Abobo's Big Adventure Abobo's Big Adventure

Mixed bag

I have mixed feelings about this game.
On the positive side, the game was very faithful to the games it parodied. The programming was top notch, and the controls felt exactly the same as each game's original controls. The graphics, well... the self-made sprites were nicely done and felt right. The humor was probably the best part of the game, some parts made me chuckle (the blobs named "Chocolate kisses" was hilarious).
The diversity of games was nice, since you picked mostly classics, but the wrestling match didn't entertain me so much. But then I guess it's only a matter of opinion.
The great number of NES references was mildly entertaining, that's all I can say about that.
Now to talk about the negative side of this game.
First of all, my main complaint was the fact that it was mostly just a remake of the original games but with different sprites, and put together. Sure it was entertaining because of the references, context and a few new elements, but there wasn't that much originality.
Speaking of which, having a "one guy goes around killing video game characters from our childhood that are mixed together" game has been done before. Many times. As I said before, everything was recreated perfectly, but... that's it. It wasn't original, it didn't feel as great as I expected.

Overall, the game was nice, you obviously put a lot of effort into it, and congratulations for recreating those games so nicely, up to every details, even the bugs (hint), very faithful to the originals. But it left me with that "Oh, it's another of those games" feeling.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

Zalvyc's Saga. Zalvyc's Saga.

Okay...

So I went through a whole level, but the thing we've all been waiting for wasn't there. You don't make a game like this just to say "scene only available at...", that is just advertising for your website. It was mostly a waste of time, since the game didn't contain any real of action (you can run through the whole level without dying). Use colors more appealing to the eye (puke green and brown aren't attractive at all), put more creative and moving enemies (fire punching flowers..), don't make the main character take one third of the screen, add music, put something that indicates how many special attacks you can use, put the action buttons in a way that isn't hard to press, remove the part where you can choose between the two endings (honestly, who is going to bother walking through that and pick the "good boy" ending?) and add the sexy part. I was disappointed to see it wasn't there, and you were "forcing" me to go on your website. If you're planning to make a serious platformer, think hard and make something completely original, not an average 2D jumper, and if you want to make it about sex, put real sex parts (i checked the full version, what a disappointment). Weak story, mediocre action, disappointing ending.
You really need to make efforts, and start from scratch, instead of continuing this "saga".

salcha00 responds:

Thank you very much for your critic. The only thing I can say in my defense is that I never took any programing or design lessons. I just started a year ago. All I have been doing and learning is in my own, but I am open for improvement. Sometimes things don't come out the way I have them plan in my head. I will try harder. thanks

Pico's Surprise Party Pico's Surprise Party

madness

that game was AWESOME!!!! i made it all the way through :P
and the end... omg when he sais madness i immediately thought "THIS IS SPARTAAAA" and guess what? pico says it! I FREAKING KNEW IT! XDDD i <3 this game

Submachine 4: the Lab Submachine 4: the Lab

you've made my day

well, i remember trying submachine 3 recently but i didn't really take time to play it. Today, i saw the 4th on the frontpage so i decided to try the 3 first episodes first and... wow, simply AMAZING i spent the whole afternoon playing the 4 submachines and i finally finished them... i kind of regret using the walkthrough for the 4th though (but i wouldn't be far by now without it...)
The thing with the net of submachine and stuff was a really creative idea.
I just LOVE this kind of game and many were truly awesome, and i often thought if it was possible to make better than the ones i was playing, but today, WOAW i REALLY wonder who can do better, excepted you.
I really really really hope to see a submachine 5 and even a 6.

to be shorter: OMFG THAT WAS FK*ING 1337 MAKE A SEQUEL CUZ I <3 IT

Paliño Paliño

OH GOD THAT MUSIC!!! XD!!!!

wow reminds me the old game and watch game with the fox catching the eggs with a basket lol but really good remix, i forgot how this game was fun :P AND I FREAKEN LOVE THAT MUSIC!!!!!!11!!!!!1
and people who see racism everywhere, stereotypes are not always here to be racist (all the french stereotypes i've seen on newgrounds made me lmao many many times :P ) so you might claim you're not racist but if you say there's racism all the time you should really chill out, cause can't you see the mexicans theirselves find that game funny? (most of the times, the people who are represented by a stereotype in a cartoon or a game find that freaken funny you know)
AY QUIERO ESTE FLASH ENTRY MUCHISSIMO LOL :D

Carious Weltling 2 Carious Weltling 2

...i think i love you lol

The first time i played this game, i found it funny cause playing as a "dead" bird puking his blood is pretty.... original! Then one day, like 1 year later, i was bored and i found this game again... i played it again and i realised how great it was... then i took a look at your other stuff... and i discovered the badlands. I was like wtf this is wierd and all but i just loved that wierdness. Then i started spending weeks on your games, especially on Carious Welting 2 (i still haven't defeated the big Dumpling mama :'( ) because it has to be my favourite game on the web... original story, pwnage graphics, cool music and morbid and wierd things, and the fact your games are related to each other, making us see the events from different characters make your work absolutely GREAT!
I think i'm additced to your work
I'm a really big fan of you guys, your work will never stop surprising me (and Edmund your art style really really kicks ass! when i'm bored at school i draw stuff from carious weltling 2 on my material :P )

So.... well you must have understood that this game OWNS ASS given to me and that i love your games and all.....
sorry for babbling about my life, i just had to talk about that somewhere :/
I hope you'll keep making so great stuff! I will be depressed if you don't :(
hope you see how people love you :D

Motherload Motherload

that was just AWESOME

This game pwnz ass!!! I've been spending lots of hours on it!!!! It's hard at the beginning cause u start with a piece of poo but that makes the game cooler cause then u spen a lot of time upgrading it to go deeper and deeper.
Totally awesome! Must be one of the best flash game i've ever played!

Hiroshi's Bakuhatsu Mini! Hiroshi's Bakuhatsu Mini!

.....

Pretty nice game even if it's hard to play with an azerty keyboard (the z, x and c buttons are far enough from each other). Nice anyway